Ever just wake up and feel HIDEOUS? If you’re a female, I’m going to answer for you, “yes.”
First off, why do we do that? Why do we allow society or our negative thoughts to dictate our day and our mindset? We are strong! We birth children for CYRING.OUT.LOUD! But, I digress. That’s another post for another time.
I was at the gym the other day and this post idea just hit me.
Lord, I felt crappy this morning, I thought, so why do I feel better now? What did I do today that wiped those feelings away?
Then I decided to write about things that I do that make me feel pretty and wanted on the days when I wake up and feel the complete opposite.
1. I get out of bed. This could be the single, most important thing you do on days when you feel like the world is against you. This shows everyone, if not just yourself, that you can handle whatever gets thrown your way.
2. Pray and make up in your mind that your day will not be determined by the negative atmosphere that is surrounding you.
3. Hygiene, hygiene, hygiene. Wash your face, brush your teeth, comb your hair.
4. Put on make-up and fix your hair. Take some extra time to possibly straighten or curl it. If you walk out of the house looking like you’re going to prom only to really be going to Walmart, well, who cares. The world is lucky that it gets to see you looking so darn hot.
5. Have a go-to outfit on days like this. I usually stick to all black; I feel that it hides what I’m feeling low about, and I can accent with some killer gold shoes and jewelry.
6. Eat right. When you’re feeling large, don’t stop by McDonalds and order a fry. NO, No, no. That’s probably the worst thing you could do. On crappy days, you can probably find me at my favorite restaurant splurging a little. Remind yourself that you’re worth the $15 meal instead of the $4.99 crap. You got this, girl.
7. Go to the gym. If you can’t go to the gym, walk or jog a bit when you get home. I promise you won’t regret it. Often times when I’ve had a long day, the last thing I want to do is hit the gym. However, exercising has never failed to make me feel more crappy. Exercise releases O2 to the brain causing you to feel more alert, happy and energized. We clearly need this!
8. Talk to and include yourself with the friends that make you feel GOOD. Don’t waste your time on the friends that are constantly trying to one-up you. There is freedom found in friendships where you can act and be yourself. Freedom in knowing that your vulnerability is safe. Surround yourself with those who genuinely care to know the real you. Be about that.
9. Make a conscious effort to disregard the negative, especially on the day of crap. If you start feeling down about yourself throughout the day, or you find yourself thinking on thoughts that aren’t happy, pure and peaceful, push it aside – be assertive and strong! Take control of your life on the small things; then it makes the big things not seem so large.
10. Decide to wake up the next day feeling kinda HOT.
If you can and know someone who you feel could benefit, share this post and remember, GIRL POWER!
(*insert girl raising the roof emoji*)